Exceptional leader, motivator and operational strategist with excellent public speaking and organizational development skills concentrating on management, collaboration, long term planning and advocacy. Proven leader and change agent boasting a distinguished career building solid partner relationships and leading teams to achieve common goals. Visionary manager with a solid reputation for spearheading programs of long-lasting value, executing process improvements and cost-saving strategies, serving as the driving force behind successful operational initiatives in both the public and private sector.
- Public Relations
- Fiscal Management
- Change Agent Community
- Outreach Relationship Builder
- Public Spokesperson
- Long Range Planning
- Operational Manager
- Program Advocacy
Professional Experience & Accomplishments
- Wayne County Board of Supervisors 01/06 to 12/15 Chairman of County Finance Committee providing oversight of $172M budget and respective departments
- Chairman, Wayne County Blighted/Environmentally Challenged Property Committee.
- County Finance Chairman overseeing Real Property Tax, Tax Auction, Treasurer and Information Technology.
- Ten year committee member providing oversight of Social Services, Aging and Youth and Veterans Office.
- Chairman Public/Mental Health and Nursing Home for seven years achieving significant cost savings for County.
- Decreased County tax rate for five consecutive years resulting in a 17% savings in tax rate.
- Led consolidation projects to completion through consensus and team building.
- Networked and collaborated with all levels of federal, state and town governments regarding various issues.
Town of Wolcott,
NY 01/06 to 12/15 Chief Executive Officer of Town; management and development of budget, direction of personnel, departments and union issues and community public relations.
- Spearheaded grant opportunities and successfully obtained over $6.25M.
- Discovered savings and efficiencies in various departments reducing town budget resulting in reducing tax rate by 15% and held tax rate flat for tenure.
- Implemented and led approximately $17M in infrastructure projects from conception to completion on time and under budget
- Planned and directed work efforts of departments and personnel while maintaining fiscal control.
11/03 to 07/05 Chief Executive Officer; oversees all functions of organization including fiscal control, labor management, and strategic planning.
- Collaborated with team of department leaders to initiate change and achieve County goals.
- Trained department heads ensuring compliance with County directives and policies.
- Dealt with personnel issues, oversaw workforce of 1,000 ensuring County compliance policy and law.
- Networked with elected board and department heads to implement new policy.
- Represented County in media and print.
08/03 to Present Kim Park Properties, LLC Residential rental properties of all types including single-family homes, multiple units and storage.
- Perform all record keeping, accounting, insurance and workman’s compensation reporting.
- Manage rental margins, collection, maintenance and capital improvements for 20 units.
- Oversight of contracted projects and part-time employees.
- Responsible for handling privately held mortgage investments.
Director of Business Development/Owner
12/12 to 11/15 Finger Lakes Home Supply, LLC Distributorship of food, maintenance and light medical supplies to New York State Group Homes in the Finger Lakes Region
- Responsible for management of business, customer base and direction of sales.
- Obtained $1M in sales the first year of development.
- Managed marketing, sales outreach and compliance issues with New York State regional offices.
Senior Regional Advisor
McGraw Hill Corporation 07/02 to 10/03
- Managed and maintained customer relations for business expansion and continued product success and implementation for staff development program.
- Conducted seminars and presentations on product and various education, management and economic topics for small and large groups.
- Prepared strategic business plans and economic product forecasts for New York State.
- Communicated and participated as part of a national sales, implementation and product development team.
Wayne Finger Lakes BOCES
03/94 to 12/00 Co-directed, created and implemented marketing strategies for a national long-term staff development program.
- Increased sales of national staff development program by 50% within a two-year time period.
- Conducted staff development and in-service trainings for educators and administrators.
- Managed team of national staff development trainers and assigned personnel according to customer needs.
- Responsible for assisting and directed the development of new products, long-term planning according to customer needs and market demands while maintaining fiscal control.
State University of New York at Brockport : Masters of Public Administration
State University of New York at Oswego : Masters of Education
State University of New York at Oswego BS: Marketing / BA Psychology
Committee and Community Involvement
- Appointed representative by Congressman John Katko for Congressional Advisory Team
- Wayne County Community Services Board
- Wayne County Rural Health and Nursing Home Quality Assurance
- Volunteer, Wolcott Veterans of Foreign Wars
- New York State Association of Counties and New York State Association of Towns Cornell University Labor Relations
- Wayne County Labor Compliance Training